Friday 17 August 2018

The Price of honesty

Looking at a document just now I found something which was said slightly objectionable, so I responded to the sender saying what I thought. I wondered about doing this because if you continually speak your mind you can become in other peoples eyes the kind of person who is simply opinionated for the sake of it. The term "Wally" in the possibly now defunct world of CB radio meant a person who habitually dived in on other people's conversations. We have all experienced the situation at the end of a long and laborious meeting when we have almost crossed the finishing line and someone, like Colombo, the TV detective from the '70s says : "just one more thing" and the meeting lurches on.

I never want to be that person, the irritating thorn in the side for everyone else, the outspoken know it all, however I have spent a lot of my life not speaking when I should have done and never want to do that again.

The Lord keep me from being a bore, but even more  from being a coward.

No comments:

Post a Comment