Thursday 31 March 2011

My ideal job

The thing I like doing more than anything else is helping people practically doing little jobs or transporting furniture or whatever and giving help freely. I am very fortunate that I get the opportunity to do this in my day job. The other day for example we had some bedroom furniture donated. We took it to a girl's flat and the following day when my wife was at work we went to her flat and arranged it (she was away, but knew we were going). It was in many ways uneccessary, she could have coped without but the feeling of just giving to someone over and above what could be expected and without any anticipation of reward is great.


Is this then some kind of self gratification trip masquerading as benevolence. I don't think so.
Abundant giving for no reason with no visible reward, sometimes anonymously is recommended by Jesus nd it certainly fits the bill for me. My ideal job title. helper of others. I would like there to be no paperwork involved though. Selfish? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment