Monday 18 April 2011

The right timing.

Last week Debbie and I went to see my Uncle and his family on their small holding in Kent. I remember with fondness visiting as a child and it is good to see that it hasn't changed much, still quite a "Darling buds of May" flavour. Today I recalled an incident which happened when I visited many years ago. My Uncle has always been good with cattle, taking various prizes at shows up and down the country. One day I was with him in the pasture and he was inspecting a particular animal. This animal had a lump on it. This was caused by a fly larvae which had I believe been licked off its legs by the aminal. My uncle got this out by prodding and pinching and then crushed it.

I may have remembered some details wrongly but that was the gist. It strikes me that sometimes life mirrors the Botfly scenario, you've got to wait until things come to a head before you deal with them.I guess even when you take precautions the odd egg gets swallowed, a foreign body at large. But waiting and watching can lead to it being sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment