Tuesday 31 May 2011

Curve balls

I think this is a baseball expression for a ball that deceives you and get you out, rather like the inswinging yorker in cricket. It has been a week of such deliveries. Hearing that my mother had fallen down and broken her leg last Wednesday was a case in point. I guess it didn't get us "out" but it was pretty testing. Us humans have a great ability to compartmentalise, I was on a course during the day and was able to focus well. As soon as it was over I became emotional. Mum is 88 not out at present and I at least was looking for something approaching a century. Actually she sailed through the operation, is walking again and could be out of hospital by Friday. All the more minor things that have happened since then have not resulted in disaster either. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment