Saturday 8 January 2011

Destiny

I have not blogged for the last few days because we have been staying with my Mum. It will be five years this year since my Dad died. Now some of his siblings are getting pretty creaky and I would not be surprised of we did not lose  at least one of them this year. These thoughts always lead me to think about the purpose of life, my own mortality and what I have achieved. I don't believe that achievement can always be measured by the enormity of the thing accomplished some of us will not achieve greatness in any outward sense. That is not important. What is important is the attitude with which we do what we do. If I carry a sense that what I am doing fits somehow into a great master plan, it will bring me a sense of fulfillment, no matter how humble a task it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment