Thursday 20 January 2011

Porridge

A friend of mine who served two months at her Majesties pleasure back in the 80's commented to me when he got out that he had made the decision never to eat porridge ever again. Personally I would not have a problem with that, I have never liked the stuff, HOWEVER........... The recent cholesterol aggro (albeit only minor) has brought porridge on to the radar. The fact is, that like most distasteful stuff, it is really good for you, proven to lower cholesterol blah blah. So because I want to carry on being effective as long as I can I have started having porridge for breakfast, pretty much every day. I am afraid I have to sweeten it, but a bowl of porridge gets into my system on a daily basis. Guess what? It is really good for you, gives more energy, makes you feel less hungry during the day and apart from the taste is all round good stuff.
Question: If chocolate was really healthy would anyone eat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment