Wednesday 15 December 2010

Running

"Although bodiliy excercise is of some value, godliness is of value in every way" (St Paul). I started running just under four years ago as a response to a suggestion from a friend. What St. Paul did not say was that bodily fitness can contribute towards godliness. The increase in alertness, better sleep pattern not to mention the reduction in size was life changing. Running about 10 miles a week is not exactly enjoyable but the advantages outweigh the cost. The hardest part is getting out of the front door. Having to push the body and overcome the urge to give up trains the soul. How easily I choose the more comfortable option! These days, diet has come in to play. My love of cheese and other high fat foods pushed my cholesterol up to the level where the doctor said it needed addressing, so goodbye cheese, ice cream, cake and so on.

1 comment:

  1. Tough medicine.

    My father-in-law always says that a man should eat everyhting he can before he's 25, everything he wants before he's 35, and as little as possible after that.

    I have six more months of happiness.

    ReplyDelete