Thursday 23 December 2010

St Ignatius Loyola - not P.C.

Teach us, Good Lord,
To Serve Thee as Thou deservest;
To give and not to count the cost;
To fight and not to heed the wounds;
To labor and not to ask for any reward,
save that of knowing that we do Thy will.
Through Jesus Christ Our Lord, Amen.


This is a prayer that we often said together at School and Church as I was growing up. As I sit at my desk knowing that a large part of my work involves justifying the good I and my colleagues seek to do, producing evidence; literally "counting the cost", I wonder where it all went wrong. This Ignatius chap is going to get on the wrong side of the health and safelty executive, the funding providers, the campaigners for shorter working hours and so on.


I don't know about you but I think I'm with him.

1 comment: